The Civil Aviation Authority announces to the passenger public the new extensions, but also the modifications of the international flight instructions.
For international flights the airline instructions are extended and will be valid until Monday 3 May 2021 at 06:00 in the morning.
Residents of Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Thailand, Rwanda, Russia and Singapore shall be exempt from the seven-day quarantine subject to conditions from 26/4 to 3/5. Passengers (permanent residents) of EU, Schengen, UK, US, UAE, Serbia and Israel countries are already entering the territory without quarantine if they are vaccinated or have a negative PCR test for Covid-19.
* Prohibition of entry to Greece of Third-country nationals other than the countries of the European Union and the Schengen Agreement: notam provides for a ban on entry of third-country nationals other than the countries of the European Union and the Schengen Agreement. The airline excludes passengers traveling for essential reasons and permanent residents of the following 12 countries: United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Thailand, Rwanda, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Russia, United States of America and Israel.
* Seven (7) days quarantine on arrivals from abroad and the countries from which the permanent residents are exempted under conditions: All passengers entering Greece from any foreign country, are subject to mandatory precautionary restriction at home or at the place temporary residence declared on the PLF form, for seven (7) days. Unless otherwise specified, i.e. citizens of EU, Schengen, UK, US, UAE, Serbia, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Thailand , Rwanda, Russia and Singapore. The specific travelers will enter Greece without a 7-day quarantine: a) if they have been diagnosed negative in a laboratory test for COVID-19 coronavirus by the PCR method within the last seventy two (72) hours before their arrival in Greece or b) in case completion of the COVID-19 coronavirus vaccination and presentation by them of a vaccination certificate, in English, issued by a public authority, subject to the lapse of fourteen (14) days from the completion of the vaccination. Especially for Russian passengers the aviation directive is subject to the condition that the above conditions will apply to both at the same time. In addition, all international passengers will be sampled upon arrival, based on the procedure provided by the Passenger Locator Form. In case the tests find a positive passenger, the quarantine will be valid for 14 days.
* International arrivals with a negative test of 72 hours: notam predicts that all passengers of international flights will enter our country with a negative PCR test Covid-19 which will be performed up to 72 hours before their arrival. It is clarified that children aged five and over must pass a negative PCR test to enter Greece from abroad. We remind you that the passengers will be tested by sampling upon entering the Greek territory based on the PLF.
* Compulsory completion of Passenger Locator Form: the notam provides for the mandatory completion of the form, at the webpage travel.gov.gr, by all passengers of international flights to Greece. It is also mandatory to complete the PLF form for passengers of foreign flights who are permanent residents of Greece and depart from the airports of Greece.
* A maximum of 4000 travelers from Russia and arrivals at only 9 airports in the territory: especially for Russia (permanent residents) the following restrictions remain. Maximum entry to Greece of 4000 passengers per week, while for the airports of arrivals after those of Athens, Thessaloniki and Heraklion that already allow travelers with validity from 26/4 to 3/5, Russian passengers will be able to come directly and at the airports of Corfu, Rhodes, Kos, Mykonos, Santorini and Chania.