In January, 1339 building permits were issued, which corresponds to 260.0 thousand square meters of surface and 1,051.6 thousand cubic meters. Projected increase of 16.6% over 12 months.
Greek Statistical Office announces preliminary data for January 2020 Study of construction activities. In particular:
- The size of the total construction activity (private and public) in January 2019 across the country on the basis of issued building permits amounted to 1,799 building permits, which corresponds to 260.0 thousand sq.m of surface and 1,051.6 thousand cubic m, i.e. increased by 55.7% in the number of building permits, by 51.7% in area and by 43.4% compared to the corresponding month of 2018.
- Licenses for private construction activities issued throughout the country in January 2020 amounted to 1328 building permits, which corresponds to 256.5 thousand sq.m of surface area and 1,038.7 thousand cubic m, an increase of 55.5% in building permits, 51.4% by area and 43.9% by volume, compared with the corresponding month in 2019.
- The total number of building permits issued in January 2020 across the country amounted to 11 building permits, which corresponds to 3.6 thousand sq.m of surface area and 12.9 thousand cubic m. The share of participation of state construction in the total volume of construction in January 2019 is 1.2%.
- During the last twelve months, that is, from February 2019 to January 2020, the total volume of construction work (private and public) based on issued building permits throughout the country amounted to 17,789 building permits, corresponding to 3.869.6 sq.m area and 16 878.0 thousand cubic m of volume. Compared to the corresponding period February 2018 – January 2019, the number of building permits increased by 16.6%, by 10.7% in terms of area and by 10.0% in volume.
- For the same period, February 2019 – January 2020, the activity of private construction shows an increase in the number of issued building permits by 17.3%, 12.7% by area and 12.5% by volume, compared with the corresponding period February 2018 – January 2019. The share of state construction in the total volume of construction for the specified period is 1.9%.