The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) is announcing a new air directive to passengers that applies to all arriving passengers from international airlines and provides for a 7-day quarantine. At the same time, an extension of the existing Covid-19 regulations has been announced for international flights, which will operate until midnight Monday, February 8, 2021.
In particular, the new list of rules aimed at protecting passengers and citizens from the disease COVID-19 provides that all passengers entering Greece before February 8, 2021 from any foreign country, including the member states of the European Union, are subject to mandatory quarantine measures at home or in the place of temporary residence indicated on the PLF for seven (7) days unless they stay in Greece for a shorter period, in which case the time limit is in effect during that period, i.e. before their departure. In addition, upon arrival, foreign passengers will undergo a rapid test according to the procedure provided in the PLF form. A express test will be carried out specially for arriving passengers from the UK upon arrival. At the same time, in order to exit the quarantine, passengers from the United Kingdom will have to undergo a new PCR test after a 7-day period, which will be negative, in order to remove the mandatory precautions. In case of a positive test result, the quarantine will be valid for 14 days.
Regarding the extension of the existing air directives for international flights, the following rules have been extended until 8/02/2021:
* International arrivals only with a negative test result 72 hours in advance: All passengers on international flights will only enter Greece with a negative Covid-19 test, which will be performed 72 hours before their arrival in the country. We also remind you that passengers will be subjected to an entry test according to the PLF form.
* PLF form: a note to the PLF form, that is, the obligatory completion of the form at the email address https://travel.gov.gr/ for all passengers on international flights to Greece. It is also mandatory to fill out the PLF form for passengers on foreign flights who permanently reside in Greece and depart from Greek airports.
* Turkey / Catalonia: Air regulations are being extended to suspend flights between Greece and Turkey and between Greece and the Catalonia region in Spain.
* Albania / North Macedonia: All flights to and from Greece from Albania and North Macedonia will operate only to Athens’ Eleftherios Venizelos Airport.
* Israel: The Israeli Permanent Residents Aviation Directive is extended with a maximum capacity of 10,000 passengers per week to all airports in Greece.
* Russia: The Aviation Directive for Russia (Permanent Residents) is being extended to include arrivals only at the airports of Athens, Thessaloniki and Heraklion and a maximum entry of 500 passengers per week to Greece.
* Citizens of non-EU countries: The Aviation Directive is being extended to ban non-EU citizens from entering Greece. Permanent residents of the following 9 countries are excluded from this directive: United Kingdom, Singapore, Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Rwanda, South Korea, Thailand and the United Arab Emirates.